Lead is highly toxic and is harmful to both children and adults, especially children under the age of 6 and pregnant women because of its effect on brain development of the fetus.
There is no safe level of lead in the body.
Research studies show that any amount of lead detected in children’s bodies may affect their learning ability, attention span and growth. Adults exposed to too much lead can suffer from high blood pressure, kidney damage, and fertility problems. Lead can also poison pets.
Your body doesn't know the difference.
A human body doesn't know the difference between lead and calcium. Like calcium, lead remains in the bloodstream for a few weeks and then is absorbed into the bones, where it can collect for a lifetime. As you age and your bones are aggravated (osteoporosis, arthritis, breaks) lead is re-released into your bloodstream and you are at risk for lead poisoning.
Lead poisoning is preventable.
According to the CDC, lead poisoning is the #1 most preventable childhood disease. Protection starts with knowing where lead can be found and what the dangers are when it's disturbed.
Iowa Lead & Asbestos Safety | 4725 Merle Hay Rd #108 | Des Moines IA 50322 | 515-331-1690
Copyright © 2018 ILAS - All Rights Reserved.