Keep Your Family Safe From the Dangers of Lead Exposure

 

Lead is a poison. 

It is highly toxic and is harmful to both children and adults, especially children under the age of 6 and pregnant women, because of its effect on brain development.

There is no safe level of lead in the body.  

Research studies show that any amount of lead detected in children’s bodies may affect their learning ability, attention span and growth.  Adults exposed to too much lead can suffer from high blood pressure, kidney damage, and fertility problems.  Lead can also poison pets.

Lead poisoning is preventable.

You can protect yourself and your family by knowing where lead can be found and how to protect yourself and your children from exposure.